After watching a friend play Destiny I wanted to make something inspired by that game's aesthetic.
This was a Nerf Longshot that I did minimal modifications to on the exterior functionally. I used a Dremel to cut a portion of the front off to look more streamlined.
For the inside of the blaster, I removed the air restrictors and added a stronger spring. I also improved the seal on the plunger by making the o-ring a little wider and adding white lithium grease for lubrication. This combination of modifications made foam darts go well over 100ft.
For the exterior, I painted this all white and used dark blue enamel for detailing. Some black dry brushing later, this is looked like a used blaster.